cake

cupcakes

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Dimensional Decorating

Today's decorating class was about dimensional decorating. For this class we were supposed to make a double batch of the Class Buttercream Icing in a stiff consistency. You can tell it is stiff by the way the spatula does not fall to the side as I jiggle the cup.
We were also told to bake a single layer of a cake. I had a little sticking in my pan, so it crumbed quite a bit. It is a yellow cake.



This is what I carried into class today, along with my purse. I felt like I was moving into Michael's. People always look at you funny when you carry that much INTO the store.


We torted our cakes and filled them with filling. My filling is blueberry, Eric's suggestion. After filling, we frosted the cake. We copied a pattern given to us by Wilton using white piping gel and then transferred our image to the top of the cake. We then practiced our dimensional decorating with a round tip. We then decorated using the new theory.
My class was running a bit behind so I only had 10 minutes to decorate my cake. I feel pretty good about it, all things considered. I would have liked to see what I could do with a bit more time. What do you think?



Next week, CUPCAKES!




2 comments:

  1. That only took ten minutes?? You are so good!! Nick is jealous of your cakery skills :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Jasmine! That's very impressive for only spending 10 minutes on the decorating.

    ReplyDelete

Followers