cake

cupcakes

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Flowers

Today I attended the third class of the Wilton Basic Decorating course. The class mainly focused on flowers today. We were to bring six un-iced cupcakes to class. Braxton picked chocolate. Shocker!!


During class, we learned how to make drop flowers, swirling drop flowers, rosettes, pompom flowers, leaves, and shells. It was also interesting to see how important having the right icing consistency is. My consistency today was too dry and not creamy enough. I think I may have over mixed it as well, which did not help. This made for a very frustrating afternoon for me. While my icing still "worked", it was not the stunning creamy icing of my perfectionist dreams. I spent the class huffing and puffing and wishing I could remake the icing. There will be practicing at home this week with a better mixed icing.

The last thing we learned were these shaggy mums. They were my favorite flower of the class and I think I will be incorporating these into my end of the class "Finale Cake."






They taste even better than they look. I am looking forward to my next class and making sure my icing is creamy perfection. For now, these will have to do.



1 comment:

  1. I can't tell you how much I love to see you doing something that you clearly love so much. You are so good at this!!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers