cake

cupcakes

Friday, October 1, 2010

Course 1 Finale!

The end of course one is near.....All we need is a layer cake(Carrot with cream cheese filling).
A layer cake that has been iced...Please ignore the tiny bubbles in the frosting. It didn't set up quite right. It seems the harder I try, the more issues I face. Boo!
Premade flowers to decorate the cake... I used Shaggy Mums again. If you were curious, icing vanilla wafers is one of the most difficult things I have done. It is right up there with child birth! Nearly impossible!


Go to class and decorate..... Ta-Da!


We also learned how to make a ribbon rose in class. It is pretty difficult and something I will have to practice.
My next class starts on Wednesday. This is a flowers class using fondant and gumpaste. I am excited that I won't have to make a cake every week for this class. We shall see how it shapes up! See you next week!


2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited to see your flowers! You are moving up, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's such a beautiful cake! You'll get better at the things you had difficulties with.

    ReplyDelete

Followers